View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014, 03:59 PM   #15
107barney
T. Bumpkins & Co.
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomo View Post
Obviously, not all dogs will thrive on raw food...some will need prescription food, some will need low protein, some low fat & so on. It will depend on how your individual dog does on the diet, their current state of health & your comfort level.

When I say raw is the BEST food, I mean it is a species appropriate food, when it is balanced. Then, it's premade raw food, a balanced home cooked diet, human grade canned food & kibble, premium canned & kibble (not from big box stores), RX canned & kibble, canned & kibble from grocery stores & then it's semi-moist foods. Lastly, the worse food we can give our dogs is an unbalanced diet, be it raw or home cooked. This is from Dr. Becker, link w/video below. I know some of you are not fans of Mercola in general & since Dr. Becker is associated w/it, but I believe her teachings & follow her beliefs (also Dr. Dodds, who's link is below too). Lolll I swear, dog food is like religion...so controversial!

The Best and Worst Pet Foods

__________________________________________________ _________________

Dr. Jean Dodds' Pet Health Resource Blog | Raw versus Cooked Foods: Perhaps the Most Controversial Current Topic in the Pet World (Part I)

Nutritionally, raw diets are the most wholesome, followed by dehydrated, freeze-dried and fresh, home cooked, properly balanced diets. Premium quality commercial kibbled and canned food diets are the next tier of the pet food chain, especially those that are grain- or gluten- free.
You're correct that some of is aren't Becker fans. Ditto for Dodds. I do agree there is a cult-like Dodds and Becker following out there that I can't comprehend.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!