View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 03:46 PM   #15
paolaRN
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jathompson View Post
Did your vet tell you the reason for giving you antibiotic? Did Your vet have an idea of what the issue could be? My vet clinic is usually open on Saturdays but it's closed today because of a power outage in town. I think I will try calling the same clinic in a town close by see if they are open! I wish I could post a pic of the poop (that would probably not be appropriate lol), just so others can get an insight of what I saw.

He said it it's a possibility it could be the parasite Giardia my pup was playing near cat poop a couple weeks ago and had diarrhea with mucous, it went away and then came back and this time bloody stool this morning, which is apparently kind of a symptomatic thing that parasite. The antibiotic flagyl is used to treat it. I'm supposed to get a call back tomorrow with the results if it's not that I'm going to ask him if he can just get off of it.

My puppy has a playpen which I've used since I had him and he does great with it when we leave but I also let him roam free sometimes now and he doesn't seem to get into anything. I love this play pen Because it's big enough for how small he is at 3 pounds it fits his bed his water a potty pad and toys and its a great price. Here's the link! It's by Iris. A white 4 panel with door. I don't like the thought of crates so this makes me feel better LOL because it has an open top

http://mobile.walmart.com/ip/16440348?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=2222222222800077299 0&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=42077030110&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl 6=34194307510&veh=sem
paolaRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!