View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 02:27 PM   #9
jathompson
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_noonie View Post
Since the blood is red, that means it is something in the lower intestines, or what Cathy said a tear. A very firm poop could cause a tear in his anus, but the soft poop has me a little concerned. It could very well be from eating naughty things around the house when you are gone. I think it's best to either kennel him or block him off to only a certain part or room(s) of the house while unsupervised.

Toto does the same thing. When we are home, he has free reign. He behaves. If we go out for a bit (less than an hour) we leave him out. Though sometimes a one hour trip becomes two, you know how it is. We have come home to trash bags torn open, trash and tissues strewn all over the place. Food trash, you name it. And he knows he did bad bc as soon as he sees us he hides behind the couch. If we have just put him in his crate like we were supposed to, there would be no problem.

If you don't like the idea of crating him, get an ex-pen or baby gates to block off certain parts of the house.

I'm really hoping that the cardboard just caused a little tear while pooping. I wouldn't want it to be something more serious! I've never thought of baby gates but I like that idea! I will have to look into those.

I think its soo crazy how they can be soo well behaved when one is at home! My king is not interested at well in paper, toilet paper, etc when I'm at home.... The second I leave its a different story!

Last edited by jathompson; 03-01-2014 at 02:29 PM.
jathompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!