View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 02:21 PM   #8
jathompson
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by paolaRN View Post
I feel like I'm reading a story on my pup right now!! Franklin has had the exact same symptoms soft stool almost mucousy then today he had blood in stool, red Frank blood but it was formed. Being a worry one of the mother I took him straight to the vet with the sample. they did give me some Antibiotic and this special science diet canned food To help settle his stomach With whatever is going on. He hates antibiotic and I'm really hesitant to give them this food it looks so gross he's used to premium kibble topped with fresh food and this stuff looks like tuna and poop. Really. My pup also doesn't take anything for heartworm and I have a feeling he might have ate a little bit of something bad. The Vet is checking for parasites
Did your vet tell you the reason for giving you antibiotic? Did Your vet have an idea of what the issue could be? My vet clinic is usually open on Saturdays but it's closed today because of a power outage in town. I think I will try calling the same clinic in a town close by see if they are open! I wish I could post a pic of the poop (that would probably not be appropriate lol), just so others can get an insight of what I saw.
jathompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!