View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 01:38 PM   #6
paolaRN
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jathompson View Post
So 2 days ago I notice my baby had 2 stools with just a little bloody mucus on it. These 2 stools occurred at the same time, it wasn't like he pooped once at 5 then another at 6. Also throughout this week I've also noticed that his poops have not been normal. He been having a mixture of normal poops and soft stools. The soft stools are just soft and do not look like diarrhea. These soft stools still have a definite shape just pretty soft. But that's been like an on and off thing. Anyways I don't know if I should be concerned?. Usually when he stays home alone for a long time he destroys things and eats them. For example, somehow he always manages to find paper/toilet paper/cardboard and destroy it and eat it. I always try my hardest to pick these things up or close the restroom door before I leave the house but he somehow finds his way to either of these things! It worries me a lot because lately he been really good about finding these things and eating them. Also the day before Yesterday I had been away from home from about 7am-1pm. When I arrived home I noticed that he hate eaten a small portion of a cardboard box, which an all actuality it seemed like a big piece to me cause he's a small dog (5lbs). Then a day later I see the bloody mucus on stool. Could it be all the paper etc that he eats that caused this bloody stool ?? I'm starting to think the best thing for me to do is to put him in a kennel when I leave the house, he's just never been in a kennel before so I don't know how hard that would be for him?

My other assumption is that last Sunday I took him to a park, it wasn't his first time at a park, and I'm thinking maybe he picked up something there and he's just showing signs of it? Maybe he ate something that had worm eggs or something??

My last assumption is the new food I started giving him. He's been eating it for a month now. I have noticed that the food has cause some gurgling sounds in his stomach. Would it mAke sense that after a month of eating this food, he's finally showing signs of effect?

He's been playing and acting completely normal also eating and drinking normL. No vomiting, nothing. And since yesterday his poops have been perfectly normal not soft at all. Should I be concerned? Could this just be a random blood stool or could it be something else? Advise is greatly appreciated!

I feel like I'm reading a story on my pup right now!! Franklin has had the exact same symptoms soft stool almost mucousy then today he had blood in stool, red Frank blood but it was formed. Being a worry one of the mother I took him straight to the vet with the sample. they did give me some Antibiotic and this special science diet canned food To help settle his stomach With whatever is going on. He hates antibiotic and I'm really hesitant to give them this food it looks so gross he's used to premium kibble topped with fresh food and this stuff looks like tuna and poop. Really. My pup also doesn't take anything for heartworm and I have a feeling he might have ate a little bit of something bad. The Vet is checking for parasites
paolaRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!