View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014, 11:41 AM   #1
Peekzma
Yorkie Yakker

Default What to feed for o

I have always given my boys a variety of meats and veggies. Switching things up can prevent sensitivities from developing and keeps them interested in their food. Think about it...would YOU want to eat the same thing for your entire life?! I use a core of turkey but also feed lamb, beef, buffalo,venison, goat, rabbit, chicken, fish or eggs every few meals. I generally buy frozen pucks of meat but sometimes fresh that I separate and freeze in portion sizes. Raw organic spring mix salad greens pureed in a blender are very good for them. What I generally do is blanch and puree up big batch of green veggies and then freeze it in ice cube trays. Store them in freezer bags and then just thaw a couple cubes at a time. I also do the same with a orange yellow mix of sweet potatoes, squash,and carrots. I feed green in the morning and orange in the evening. My Yorkie seems to do best on a ratio of approximately 60% veggies to 40% meat whereas my Dachshund gets the opposite.They also get a mineral/vitamin/oil supplements. I know it might sound complicated but it's really not. It is not necessary to have it down to an exact recipe as long as it is balanced over the long run. Remember, ALL kibble, no matter what ingredients they use, is really nothing but processed food... Our dogs can survive on it but they don't THRIVE, anymore than we humans do. It is only since the popularity of feeding convenient kibble that our companion animals have developed all the same diseases common to humans. All of us need fresh food for optimum health! I've been feeding this way for 10 yrs now and the benefits far outweigh the extra effort. No stinky breath or poo! Strong healthy immune systems eliminating the need for toxic medications. Fewer visits to the vet. Soft shiny hair.
Peekzma is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!