View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014, 10:09 AM   #9
PamperedYorkies
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
The board is just to divide the x-pen that mom and babies are in so the mom can get away from the babies when she wants to.

How big of an area do they have now? They don't have to be walking perfect. The more room they have to move around the quicker they will get steady on their feet. Here is a picture from several years ago of a setup I had for some young pups. Of course this was a large litter so they needed room sooner than a small litter would need.

WOW!!! That's a BIG litter! How adorable!

Ok, so the board just gives mom separate sleeping quarters, not a big area? Although Lola has become very good at blocking the babies when she's had enough. I guess with only 2 pups, that's easier to do

But I can definitely separate my x-pen. The pen is 2' x 6' and I have it separated in 1/3s. The whelping box is in a 2x2 area, then the mid section I have with a variety of food and drink dishes as I was trying to get Lola to eat something...anything! Now that she's eating, we'll reduce the number of dishes. The last 1/3 is the potty area, but I do have pee pads under all of it.

We had started with a 2x4, but Lola wasn't happy about the smaller space she had to potty, so we expanded it to the full size. Picky, picky...lol

Thoughts? How can I improve this set-up?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!