Thread: puppies again.
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014, 06:20 PM   #5
crazydoglade
YT Addict

Not an angel. just a little, or maybe a little crazy. Ca requires all animals adopted from shelters or rescues to be altered. The only option is to find foster homes because the shelter can't adopt out these moms and to allow them to be born in a shelter is a death sentence to these babies. We won't even take puppies that have been.in.the general population. If we have a foster home that gets parvo or distemper we can no longer place puppies in that home. It took a long time to accept that we couldn't risk bringing home diseases to our personal dogs and contaminating our home. It still hurts to see all those puppies left behind. A few weeks ago one of our members adult daughtetr wanted a pit mix puppy. Her mother found an adorable baby while we were there. So far she's spent over $1000 on the puppy. Pneumonia initially but the vet thinks its distemper. I don't discourage afopting from shelters but be aware of the risks. I have a lot of backup if I need to bottle feed although I've told people they will learn to tube feed. We've been very lucky and pulling them from the shelters before birth at least gives them a chance. If you're anywhere near Riverside/ Mo Valley drop me a note. I'll teach you to tube feed .
crazydoglade is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!