View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 03:08 PM   #11
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemom1 View Post
Contact the Biewer registeries or a Biewer Club with your questions....I think you will get more concise, accurate, up to date information .....You may want to ask if you can register this litter with AKC....Biewers are not registered with AKC....they have their own registeries....you have "outcrossed" with this breeding, and actually, that is not such a terrible idea, as the gene pool for Biewers is/was very concentrated. They were having issues in Germany years ago, with genetic defects because of the concentrated gene pool.....when they started importing Biewers to the US, with all the Biewers we have here, I am not knowledgable enough to try to direct you.....I would contact a Biewer registry to get my questions answered....You need to do the genetic testing on both dam and sire, and really be knowledgable about the pedigrees of both.....that way, you will know if one or the other throws pups with genetic issues....bad knees, bad eyes, liver, heart, kidney issues, etc.....out crossing those two pedigrees in itself, is not a bad thing....it is just if you have no idea what is behind your breeding pair's heritage.....knowledgable, educated outcrossing of pedigrees is actually a good thing.
I just know that big Biewer people and Biewer breeders frown upon it big time because there has been a post on here about it and they see it as mix breeding like if you bred a maltise and a yorkie.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!