View Single Post
Old 02-24-2014, 02:19 PM   #4
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

He's likely just vociferous and has a lot to say and chooses the growl over a whine or bark as dogs are pretty limited to their vocalizations. Tibbe growls and grouses about many things and often growls himself to sleep at night. The moment he settles in and begins to drift off to sleep, out come the soft growls. If I ask him to repeatedly do the same obedience trick, he'll growl as he does it - his way of complaining that's too many in a row is not as fun. Anytime he thinks I'm being unfair, he might growl and state his position on the matter. But he's not a bit aggressive and you can take his very food, toys or chewies right out of his mouth anytime and he doesn't growl unless we're playing and I'm having fun trying to get his toy or chewie - not an easy task if he doesn't want me to. He's very quick and you rarely get close enough to him to grab anything from his teeth if he's given a play challenge.

So unless your little guy is growling to actually warn you he might bite or ever shows his teeth, I think he's just voicing his feelings because he enjoys his form of "talking" to you.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!