View Single Post
Old 02-24-2014, 10:42 AM   #7
Yorkiesrtoocute
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by connie3dogs View Post
Lou Lou has just turned 3 this month. We have managed to get the pup to feed from mum the last 4 feeds. It takes two of us, one to position and pacify Lou with calming words and massage, the other latching pup onto mum and closely supervising. Any sign of Lou getting agitated we remove the pup for safety sake. We are having to potty the pup too. Had both Lou and Ebony at vets today...Gave Lou some just in case there were any retained products as we were expecting 2-3 pups. Her abdomen was palpated and no further pups were felt. Ebony was check also ...perfect. my vet said to continue what I am doing. One thing that helps is when Ebony cries we pick her up and let her suckle my finger..that kind of stops Lou getting so agitated which in turn allows me to calm her before putting Ebony on the nipple. She sure has a very strong sucking reflex. At the moment it would not be safe for me to put her beside Lou and supervise as I think she may still attack the pup. She seems to be a bit better with the pup this afternoon and I even managed to get pup suck on my finger , got Lou to lie down and let the pup suckle , although I still had to whisper sweet nothings in her ear to keep her stay calm. She is also allowing the pup to suckle for a lot longer...34 minutes. Hopefully we are turning a corner today and I don't feel as stressed as I did this morning.
It took my princess 48 hours to start loving her baby, feeding and cleaning although since she was a first time mom she dirint clean the baby good so we picked up the slack she is now a wonderful mother thank god her baby is a 10 days old. But I heard it can take upto 5 days for mom to accept although some never do get it. How are you supplementing the baby there is a mom on here on the site Yorkiemom1 that has a high calorie formula recipe. You might want to look into tube feeding you get more calories in baby that way. How old is the pup? You can message yorkiemom1 for the ingridiants.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!