View Single Post
Old 02-24-2014, 06:39 AM   #13
PamperedYorkies
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiesrtoocute View Post
Hey just wanted to stop by and share something my mentor told me. I was telling her 3 days ago that my princess wasn't eating well and she was just picking little bits of food. She suggested I syringe feed her the whelping pudding a little more liquified so the syringe can pull it. I've tryed it for 3 days about 20cc at a time I have a big syringe and I have noticed a big weight change on the pup I think since mom is getting more calories in her the baby too. Just yesterday Valentina gained a whole oz in 24 hours. Today I've noticed .60oz I recommend you to try it maybe baby's will gain faster. Let me know what you think. Good luck...
Thank you for thinking about me!

I'm pretty certain that Lola's new finicky eating habits are not helping. Until this weekend, I could not get her to eat anything solid, except for chicken. She has been all along eating whelping pudding, quite a bit of it, but now she has steered away from the formula that she had been drinking, although she is drinking water now, which she wasn't before. It's ok for hydration, but not for caloric intake. Needless to say, her stools were messy.

This weekend she started eating some of the rice and 24 hours later, we had more formed stool. She will eat canned dog food, but it also contributes to loose stools, so we are trying to strike a good balance for her.

We do also give her Nutrical and yogurt. Although since yesterday she's turning away the Nutrical, except I stick it in the roof of her mouth and even though she still manages to spit some of it out, she still gets most of it in her.

I've read that pumpkin is helpful for the stool, but I haven't found it in any of 3 supermarkets. Tonight I'm going to try a smaller, farmer-based, market and see if I can find it there.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!