View Single Post
Old 02-24-2014, 12:40 AM   #1
connie3dogs
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Need some advice

My teapot Lou Lou gave birth to a lovely 6.6oz girl Ebony yesterday....Very healthy pup... She fed from mum a couple of times...The baby was lying on a heat pad and started to cry...Lou looked at her a couple of times , then to my horror she snapped at her....of course we removed the baby from harms way.We tried letting her sniff the baby but she just tried to snap at the poor little lamb..Lou goes ballistic if the baby is crying. I have managed a few times to relax Lou with a belly massage which she loves , then put the pup on Mum to suckle, which she does not seem to mind, but as soon as the pup makes any noise she gets agitated again.

one thing of note is that she had a very easy labour ( Lou is a 17lb teapot).The baby arrived not enclosed in its amniotic sac. Lou did not really pay much attention to her ie licking etc....We have been hand feeding the pup with attempts at putting pup on mum when we have her relaxed. I have also been expressing milk from mum to keep her supply going.....

Is there anything else I can do to encourage the bond ?or have I a mum that has rejected her pup..

Any help would be appreciated.

Shirl
connie3dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!