View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 01:41 PM   #4
yorkiefan_
I ♥ my Cookie Monster!
Donating Member

From potty training Cookie, I can say you will think your pup has it down a few times only to see them regress for a couple of days. I know it can drive you crazy. Cookie liked to go do it right by the sink in the kitchen or at this one spot on the bathroom floor for a few days. Yorkies are so stubborn sometimes, especially as pups. It can be a wild ride, but then all of a sudden one day they seem to get it out of nowhere. My best advice is extreme praise for when your pup goes in the right place and a very stern NO when you catch them going where they shouldn't. Making a big deal about successful potty trips is huge. The praise I gave Cookie was

1. Lots of happy and excited baby talk. Oh wow, Cook you're going pee outside like the big girls! Oh that's a great poop girl!

2. I'd start running around the yard and letting her chase me right after she squatted down to pee or poop.

3. When we came in I'd parade her around the house for everyone to congratulate. SHE'S PEE-PEE GIRL!!!

It can be a lot of work; it always blows me away when people here say their yorkie was potty trained from day 1. As long as you make sure it feels really good for your pup to go in the right place, you'll get there.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!