View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 10:45 AM   #12
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkietalkjilly View Post
Sally, you "lucky dogs" getting to see Cruft's live! To my knowledge, US TV has never carried Cruft's live or even on a short time-delay basis the next day but the Animal Planet used to show a compressed version of it a couple of months afterward early Saturday mornings back when they ran that Dog Show series from 4 or 5 - 7:00 am or whatever the early times were. That's the only time I've ever seen it on TV here though I think I saw that CNBC or Universal HD channel ran a compressed replay version of it once. I've think I've seen 3 or 4 Cruft's on Animal Planet and CNBC. It's a wonderful show but the compression of events takes a lot of the enjoyment out of it and it's not nearly as well-presented as Westminster with all of the time on each finalist, close-up shots of group judging and interesting color commentary that they give us during Westminster. We're really robbed on our version of Cruft's that we get to see! I'd give anything if they could show it live in the wee hours or on a short time-delay basis over two days like Westminster!
This is what I was afraid I was remembering! Seems I had always stumbled on it, months afterward, with severly edited version of each class, so they can get the entire thing in an hour or two....so sad!!
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!