View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 10:06 AM   #12
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_noonie View Post
Maybe I'm not explaining myself well. Toto does have a pee string. He lifts his right leg only so the hair on the right side of his saddle hangs down over the sides obviously when he is walking. That hair is still hanging down when he lifts his leg. No matter how long the pee string is, if that hair isn't pinned up or tied back the pee will hit it bc it's so long.

I tried the little girl clips that I use on Unis hair but didn't work for toto. His hair is too thick, even with all his undersides cut short. The claw clips don't hold well. But if I get smaller claw clips, same problem, hair too thick. I could try ponytails but would take more than a few secs and dont want to make him wait if he needs to go pee badly. Can't use snap barrettes, the sound scares him, plus I pinched him once already.
That's weird, I'm wondering if he doesn't lift his leg high enough? Joey had long hair the first three years of his life and we never had a problem, his breeder said that the pee string does the trick, but Joey does lift his leg really high up. I think Joey squats in the house, but he's very private and I've never seen him, do you know if Toto squats in the house, maybe you could just pin it back for walks or wear some type of shirt that pulls the hair back.

Join today and remove this ad!