View Single Post
Old 02-20-2014, 10:45 PM   #10
lillymae
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by triage999 View Post
Hi all,

I own a little boy called gizmo, he's a tiny yorkie and we have had him since he was 5 months old after rescuing him from an awful home, well his 5th home actually.

About two weeks ago he started crying out and yelping if you so much as moved fast next to him. From the 15th of this month he has completely changed in personality. He won't play with our other boy, who's the same age, minpin, he is lethargic, looks scared all the time, cries out horrendously when we lift him or if our other boy goes to go near him etc etc....he was always playful, loving and a joy to be around.

We have had him up the vets twice this week now, they started treating him for a suspected ear infection but no change, took him back yesterday and he had a full blood count which is all normal as is his temperature. They gave him a steroid shot which they said may start working in 48hrs but as of this morning still no change.

He's eating and drinking but only if you take it to him, he's toileting as normal but scared to go up and down the steps now which has never been an issue.

We lost our rottie three years ago to a brain tumor and I am frightened to death we are going down the same road. I feel the vet has no idea what he is doing, I know it is difficult with dogs to diagnose as they can't tell us but I just feel so helpless.

We are in the UK.
FYI Chiari is often misdiagnosed as a brain tumor & both Yorkies & Rotties are prone to this deformity. Chiari can not be diagnosed without an MRI.
lillymae is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!