View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 06:30 AM   #32
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

I am so finished with this. This has nothing to do with me and everything to do with protecting pups.

For those people who are interested, I am providing links for you to read. There is NO scientific evidence that holistic or other so called harmless things will protect your pup from heartworms...in fact there is evidence it does not.

American Heartworm Society

OVMA - Heartworm Disease In Dogs

From the second link:

What you need to know about Heartworm disease in Ontario
A study on “Heartworm in dogs in Canada in 2010” published by the Ontario Veterinary College’s Department of Pathobiology at the University of Guelph has revealed a 60 per cent increase in the number of dogs in Ontario with heartworm since the last study of its kind was conducted in 2002.
The Canada-wide study showed that 564 dogs tested positive for heartworm in Canada in 2010; 431 of those dogs were located in Ontario (that’s over 75 per cent of the total). Also of concern is that eighty per cent of animals that were found to have heartworm had not been on a heartworm preventive medication. In a few cases, pets that had been receiving heartworm preventive medication also tested positive for the disease; the most common reason for this was that the pet owners indicated they had forgotten to give their pet the preventive medication at the prescribed intervals.
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!