View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 09:41 AM   #68
PamperedYorkies
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiesrtoocute View Post
Maybe yours will be more petite than Valentina. If I leave her with momma in whelping box she seems to be nursing all the time. Her momma is 5.5 pounds daddy is almost 5 pounds but maybe she is going to be a bigger than them. . Maybe it's that I'm tube feeding she might be getting more that way than bottle feeding.
Hopefully not much smaller. Lola in a lean frame is also about 5 1/2 lbs. Usually she's closer to 6. The dad is also 5lbs. But my babies did take a big dip in weight the first day because Lola's milk had not come in and me being a novice, wasn't sure what to look for. Fortunately some very knowledgeable people here gave me direction and we turned things around.

I'm really hoping they just have some catching up to do, but above all things, I just want them to be healthy.

I think their eyes and ears might open soon! It looks like there's a tiny hairline gap now between the eyelids (same with ears) and last night when I picked them up to weigh them, I woke them up, and I saw the eye movement underneath the lids. For a moment I thought their eyes were going to pop open right then! Very excited for the milestones to come!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!