View Single Post
Old 02-17-2014, 11:38 AM   #1
R-Teddy
No Longer a Member

Unhappy the more I research, the more scared I get

So I have decided to take my Shih Tzu off of Trifexis. He has never had any bad reactions to it and has been taking it for over a year. however, I decided with all the bad stuff out there about it, if there are other options, why not switch to be safe.

Ok so thinking Heartgard for heart worm. Good product, no really bad reviews that I can find, an been around forever. Also its cheap. A heck of alot cheaper then Trifexis.

But now I have to decide what to get for fleas, as we do have big flea problems here where I live.

Someone suggested "Comfortis", ok, havnt seen bad reviews as of yet, but, it is expensive. That with the heartgard together, I will be paying just as much as I do for Trifexis. But, at least it would be safer ( provided I dont find bad reports about it, still researching), and that after all is what is most important. But still, if I can find a cheaper SAFE alternative I would prefer that.

But the more I research, the more scared I get. Im researching topical's. Advantix has a whole lot of really bad stories of bad side effects. im seeing reports that topicals are especially dangerous to toy breeds. that Shih Tzu's and Yorkies are among those most at risk.
Dangers of Flea and Tick Problems

I havnt even finished my research and im scared to death to put any topical on them to. I dont know .....It seems like no matter what road I go, im going to be playing Russian roulette.
R-Teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!