View Single Post
Old 02-17-2014, 08:11 AM   #10
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie6446 View Post
In Ca you are not allowed to ask what service the dog performs. Invasion of privacy which is a big no no here.
I was having lunch with a friend and she brought in her yorkie in a travel bag and put her on the floor under the table. The owner came over and told her that her dog was not allowed in the restaurant. Maggie had not made a sound. My friend pulled out a service card and showed the man. I must have had the most amazed look on my face. I asked my friend what service did Maggie do and she laughed and said, "nothing, she's my little girl". Then she told me where to get a card. Wish I could but Zoey would never be quiet - she loves to greet everyone. Personally, I don't see the harm in taking your little dog into restaurants if the dog is quiet and well behaved.
This is interesting bc under Federal Law (the American Disabilities Act), they *can* ask what service the dog performs. They cannot, however, ask anything about your disability.

What takes precedence then....Federal or State?

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!