View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 09:20 PM   #15
mimimomo
Don't Litter Spay&Neuter
Donating Member

I'd love to homecook for my dogs, but am so afraid of it not being balanced. The only thing holding me back from using Balance It supplements is that it's too carb heavy. My guys are doing well on premade raw dog food, so we'll stick to that for now.
Just thought I'd post this in regards to gracielove's question about whether or not it takes special preparations to feed a human than a pet.
The Best and Worst Pet Foods

By balanced I mean food that contains all the vitamins, minerals and other nutrients your dog or cat needs.
This isn't something you can guess at – it should be guaranteed through testing.
Nutritional balance is vitally important because deficiencies will develop much faster in your dog or cat than they will in you. A poorly nourished puppy or kitten can end up with obvious signs of skeletal problems and organ degeneration before she's six months old.
An older animal can develop life-threatening organ degeneration, among many other not-so-obvious symptoms, over a one to three year period of eating an unbalanced, nutrient-deficient diet.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!