View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 08:51 PM   #14
Ellie May
And Rylee Finnegan
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracielove View Post
Do you go to a physician to get recipes to cook for yourself or your family? Do you really think that dog nutrition requires a degree and special consultations in order to prepare a balance meal for a pet? Does it really take more preparation to feed a pet than a human? Maybe that is what you want to do but it not a rule to enforce on others.

Many people here do home cooking for their dogs without costly consultations and have found that their dog's health improves while doing so.

Yes, people have the right to feed their pets whatever they feel is best. I personally don't think that highly processed foods with synthetic vitamins added in order to meet the minimum nutritional requirement is a healthy choice for my pets. Many people feel that feeding fresh meats and vegetables is a better choice. That does not mean that I or others are feeding unbalance meals to our pets.

I don't tell people how to feed their pets and I would never tell you or anyone else that they must go to a nutritionist before preparing food for yourself or your family. We give suggestions and discuss options.

By the way, I feed my dog a commercial raw brand of food with occasional homemade meals. I did a lot of research before deciding for myself what was the best way to feed her. I feel I know a lot about the subject but I would not tell others that they must do what I do or insult others because they do not agree with me.
Nobody is enforcing a rule on anybody else. Some of you will continue to feed fresh meat and vegetables while others of us will feed highly processed food with synthetic vitamins or homecooked meals that have been balanced by experts. Obviously each owner can make their own choice.

I didn't say a consultation was required.
Research is fine, but yes, I do believe having credentials is important. Veterinary nutritionists are not just veterinarians. And BTW this is part of what I'm going to school for, so again I do believe there is more to it than a couple hundred hours of reading.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!