View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 02:47 PM   #8
gracielove
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie May View Post
Yes, the OP did. And no, there is no law. Owners do have the right to feed unbalanced diets. I do hope they are prepared to treat bone, blood, heart, and eye problems, etc. though.
Do you go to a physician to get recipes to cook for yourself or your family? Do you really think that dog nutrition requires a degree and special consultations in order to prepare a balance meal for a pet? Does it really take more preparation to feed a pet than a human? Maybe that is what you want to do but it not a rule to enforce on others.

Many people here do home cooking for their dogs without costly consultations and have found that their dog's health improves while doing so.

Yes, people have the right to feed their pets whatever they feel is best. I personally don't think that highly processed foods with synthetic vitamins added in order to meet the minimum nutritional requirement is a healthy choice for my pets. Many people feel that feeding fresh meats and vegetables is a better choice. That does not mean that I or others are feeding unbalance meals to our pets.

I don't tell people how to feed their pets and I would never tell you or anyone else that they must go to a nutritionist before preparing food for yourself or your family. We give suggestions and discuss options.

By the way, I feed my dog a commercial raw brand of food with occasional homemade meals. I did a lot of research before deciding for myself what was the best way to feed her. I feel I know a lot about the subject but I would not tell others that they must do what I do or insult others because they do not agree with me.
gracielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!