View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 12:16 PM   #5
CountryHope
Yorkie Yakker

Thank you for that information. Mia is the only dog we have EVER had, so I feel like a real novice. Our plan is to breed her--LONG STORY. Basically, we got her from a breeder, who gave us a really good deal on her if we would agree to breed her back to one of his studs and give him pick of the litter. At the time, I didn't really know anything, but was willing, and we fell in love with her when we saw her. I am more apprehensive now that I know more, and presently, Mia is only 3.7lbs. I would not breed her if she is under 5 lbs., and I don't think the breeder we got her from would want us to, either, but I don't know where that leaves us regarding our agreement. It is tricky, and I'm hoping she does eventually get over 5 lbs. so that it will not be a concern. I already do have more people seriously asking for puppies than she would be able to produce in a litter, so at least that is comforting. I am home most days, so that is also good.

Mia is also pee-pad trained, and it has been very snowy and cold in NJ, so she will not be out around other dogs while in heat. I didn't know about the personality change, so I will keep a watch on that. She has been more clingy, but have not seen much blood at all, so is that something that could possibly be missed because she is cleaning herself, or will I definitely know when she really starts the heat cycle?
CountryHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!