View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 11:15 AM   #14
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

I know several ppl that have yorkies and children and all get along great. Just the way puppies have to be socialized with ppl, the same goes for children. Try to have your pup meet with "calm" children, no screaming, grap at dog type kids. I just adopted a 2 y/o yorkie, the dog was purchased for a girl who at that time was 9 y/o. This dog was spoiled rotten lol, and loved deeply by the little girl, the dog was carried in the arms of this little girl as if it was a baby. Seems a relative moved in, was pregnant, had the baby, now all attention went to infant, and this dog was ignored. They decided infant and dog was to much work so they surrendered the dog. I has a 16 y/o yorkie that I had just put down, I was sick, sad, depressed and swore NO MORE DOGS the pain of loosing them was to over whelming. The dog was surrendered to my vet who called me 6 weeks after I had to put mine down, I told her no more dogs, she told me the story of the dog, said it was a male and to "just come to see the dog". In 35 years I have had 4 female yorkies, I didn't want a male, out of respect of my vet, because she thought of me and my reaction when I had to put my dog down, I did like male dogs so I knew it was safe to see this dog, make my vet happy, in a nut shell I took him home, he is an awesome lil guy, they put a lot of training I into this dog. When he sees a kid he gets all excited and drags me to them. He LOVES kids. Now on the other hand, the 4 females I had did not like kids, reason, they were teased by them, little kids would shoot at tem with water guns, family children when they would visit would scream out of excitement when they saw my dogs, this scared them, so my 4 female yorkies did not like kids, they feared them. I told you this story to show you,::: it's how the children treat the dog, that matters. good luck to you,
matese is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!