View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 02:21 AM   #2
MarkFromSea
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvi View Post
Hey everyone! My Yorkie is really hyper and sometimes even aggressive to me, I took him to two different trainers and they managed to teach him some commands, but they only work when he's on a leash, once the leash is off he runs around the house, and starts barking at me if I get close to him, he basically does anything he wants.
I don't really know what to do with this, I've had dogs before and they usually were able to understand my basic personal training, I never needed to reach of for professionals and even those were unable to do much, I've even considered getting an electric collar. Do you have any suggestions?
Ouch... well.. don't get the electric collar.... you need to know a hell of a lot more than you do before using one of those. Keep it simple, use treats, as simple as his regular dog food but from your hand... one at a time.. too much to write here... search the web and previously written threads here... read up on Pavlov... just remember Positive reinforcement is more effective than the whip or a raised voice.
MarkFromSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!