View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014, 09:07 AM   #7
yorkiefan_
I ♥ my Cookie Monster!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
I buy the big bag too, even when I had just one dog. I've never had a problem with staleness, the bags are great, foil and plastic coated. Just be sure and squeeze any excess air out of the bag before you seal it. I prefer clipping it to using their "zipper". I think I can get more air out of the bag. The problem with having any excess air in the bag or any type of container is the air has moisture and that's what causes the product to go stale. You don't have to worry about it spoiling, it might lose some flavor, but your dog will definitely let you know if it does. I think it smells just as good at the end of the bag as it does when I open it. Lol, I really like the way the food smells, sometimes I'm tempted to take some.
Yeah, they definitely let you know! One time I bought a couple of bags of RC29 off amazon to save a few bucks, and the second bag turned out not to be that fresh. It wasn't spoiled or anything, but this was when she was 4 months old and she wasn't eating as much as before. At that age of course you want them to be pigs so as not deal with hypoglycemia and all, and I was wondering what the heck. I had my suspicions, so when I bought another bag from Petsmart and compared the smells, it was obvious the amazon bag had lost a lot and I threw it out.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!