View Single Post
Old 02-13-2014, 08:12 PM   #8
YorkieTherapy
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyluna View Post
I mean, she runs a lot in the house, and I try to take her out at least once a day for a long walk, but I think she runs most of the time, and we play fetch almost all day...
I'm thinking this is her way of trying to get your attention/telling you she wants to play, but do not give in.

What is happening here is you almost got it, but you didn't follow through with the lesson.... Unwanted behaviors always need to be replaced by an acceptable one. Your goal is to teach her.... no, don't do that, do this instead.

Try carrying some treats in your pocket.The next time she has a go at your feet or hands, give her a firm 'No!' The next part is important because timing is everything, you're watching for the very moment she stops or pulls back and when she does, immediately ask her to do a 'sit' (or any acceptable behavior you choose) in a fun pleasant voice. When she sits for you, treat her and praise, praise, praise!

Hope this helps.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!