Thread: eggs?
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2014, 07:20 AM   #3
tokipoki
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

I've made recipes for Toki that use eggs as the only protein. Nutritious, easily digestible, and high quality. I make a huge batch of scrambled eggs ( almost 1 1/2 dozen eggs) and cook them in minimal amount of coconut oil and combine that with sweet potatoes and other veggies (I use the balanceIT recipe generator)...it lasts for almost two weeks and she loves it. Her coat is nice and shiny but it's generally like that anyway so I couldn't say if it's from the eggs necessarily. My mom however has always given our beagle one or two egg yolks each week just as a supplement and her coat is always so shiny and vibrant. We are a big fan of eggs!

I wouldn't feed only scrambled eggs for a meal regularly since it's not balanced but it's fine as an occasional special meal. Or you can add a couple bites of scrambled egg to the regular meals (Teddy always gets a couple small pieces of my plain scrambled eggs as does Toki if she's not already eating an egg-based recipe) and not have to worry about making up for missing vitamins/nutrients.
tokipoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!