View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 05:34 AM   #1
docmartin
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Crystal's stretching out?

Her Ladyship is just 13 months old and whilst retaining the same diet and input seems to have 'leaned' out a little in appearance. I was amazed and a little relieved to see she'd actually put on 3ozs in a month to now weigh in at 7lbs 6ozs.

From August the 20th to date she has now gained 6ozs, with half of that increment in the last month alone, but somehow looks much trimmer. I can feel all her ribs and spine, her coat is magnificent and her eyes are really clear and shiny, like little buttons. I suppose her length is increasing as she enters the final stages of growth, so her little body is extending?

She certainly takes great interest in our food! I feed her with about 75g (3 ozs) of a premium grade organic wet spelt, plus kibble mixed in with a Probiotic and a touch of 'Angels Eyes' powder as a 'Breakfast'.

She then gets about 150 grams (6ozs) of Chicken breast freshly cooked with rice and mixed vegetables as her evening feed. Weekends Dad feeds her with scrambled eggs and natural yoghurt. The last meal is varied with beef or pork, all freshly cooked. Once a week she gets freshly prepared fish served within 2 hours of capture from our local boats.

She also loves Mozzarella cheese, nips of cooked bacon and five different organic treats as 'Good Girl' rewards. (includes just looking beautiful)!

Afternoons she always joins me for tea with plain oat biscuits - a regular and much loved half hour.

She's an incredibly active little soul, so probably highly metabolic, mixed with naps, especially with Dad in the late afternoon, another regular event in her day and she gets quite grumpy, if this part of her routine is disturbed.

I presume I'm feeding her properly as she looks so good, but is she getting enough, should she have 3 meals a day for example? Any comments greatly appreciated.
docmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!