View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 04:06 AM   #11
MarkFromSea
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalsmom View Post
Has this link been posted? As Mark says if you are a former customer, you need to speak upI am going to call the # that was left on this link at 9am and see what they have to say. I can print out every thing I know about the woman and send it to them but at my age I can't do what I did before. 30 years this has been going on and why did this take so long.
More than 100 animals taken from suspected puppy mill - 21 News Now, More Local News for Youngstown, Ohio -
That's a good link! The dog rescue(?) # is at the bottom. I'll try to get a contact number for the officer or prosecutor later today.
30 years is long enough... former customers need to get in there now to help stop her.... EVIDENCE is what they need!
SMITH TOWNSHIP, Ohio - It's the largest seizure of animals in Mahoning County history, as humane agents converge on the "Winning in Blue Yorkies," breeding facility in Smith Township.

A search warrant was served at 10780 Johnson Road in Smith Township at around 11am, by Humane Agents with Animal Charity and the Mahoning County Dog Warden's Office.

Humane agents tell 21 News they rescued a total of 105 dogs and puppies from what they suspect is a "puppy mill."

A one-year-old Doberman Pincher was in a large kennel inside a barn on the property, and agents pointed out to the breeding facility owner that the dog's paws were bleeding and swollen.

Owner, Terri Wylie said she just ordered medicine for he dog, and asked Humane Agents if she showed proof that she ordered medicine if they would allow her to keep her dog? Humane Agents told Wylie she is required to show written proof that the animals have received proper veterinary care.

The owner said she tried to contact her husband because he keeps track of all the paperwork, but he was working out of town.

Kim Woodburn, a Mahoning County Humane Agent with Animal Charity says,"Horrible conditions inside the kennels. There's feces everywhere, urine stains on newspapers, walls and everything."

Humane Agent Christopher Flak tells 21 News they have been to the property for numerous calls related to the breeding facility, and this time an out of state complaint brought them here. "We did receive a complaint this time that the dog that was received from the complainant was ill, and was vetted, and was found to have a yeast infection, it was also found to have ear mites, which is very uncommon for puppies. It can happen, but it's very contagious."

Authorities say the Pennsylvania woman making the complaint, was told she could bring the dog back, however, she would not be issued a refund, but another puppy. Humane Agents say that new puppy was just as ill as the first one according to the woman's veterinarian.

People hoping to adopt a pet continued to show up, as the puppies were removed from the property. Several we spoke to were shocked and disappointed to see animal rescue and law enforcement at a place they thought would provide them with a fury new family member.

Joyce Church of Spencer, Ohio says, "The first thing I thought, oh my goodness, a puppy mill. Because I saw the cops and the news here."

Humane Agents say they've been to this home before, including back in September, and they allege this breeder is notorious for cleaning up the animals and grooming them inside her home when she's ready to sell them, never letting buyers see the conditions in the barn where the puppies are kept.

But breeder Terri Wylie claims she's done nothing wrong, and she'll fight the animal cruelty charges.

"This is totally ridiculous. I've been in the breeding business for 30 years. Humane Agents came early this morning before I had my kennels cleaned, and accused me of never cleaning my kennels. ... Which every morning, even with my oxygen, I clean my kennels."

Wylie will be in Sebring Court on January 30th for a probable cause hearing.

If you are interested in donating food, blankets, towels, bleach or if you want to give a monetary donation or "foster" a puppy, contact: Animal Charity at 4140 Market Street in Boardman, or call: (330) 788-1064.
MarkFromSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!