View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 09:00 PM   #6
PunkyPuddin
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Wow Thanks so much for the replies everyone!
Pstinard- I hope if it is the weight, I can get it off and it help with her leg. I keep thinking that's what's going on with her leg. Esp since she's getting older then adding the weight.

Lisaly- I have Mollie on a grain free diet. I have been using Wellness Core. She started gaining a little weight when I first started feeding it to her because she loved it so much. lol. (before her surgery) So because of her yeast I changed her diet, and also started giving her Probiotics. I was giving her this one from Petsmart, it is a product I think only they sell and it's all natural, and it didn't help her skin at the time where we lived previously, but it did wonders for the stuff that accumulates in the corner of her eyes. I was looking at another one in powder form for her, but I ended up getting the GNC brand probiotic on sale this last time,.. and I just don't think it's worth nothing! lol I will for sure take your recommendations on those! Because after all the antibiotics and steroids she has been on I really want to get her tummy "flora" back to a good place.
I was also wondering if her being spayed at her age could have something to do with the weight gain too. She has been overweight before and my boyfriend and I would take her for walks till she would just sit down...lol. I don't mean like torture, but for as long as she wanted to walk we did. It took about 2 months to get her back to her healthy weight. It was a task. Since we moved I have been so busy and she gets a 15 min walk a day and like 30 outside time only...so I got to get back on track.

bjh- When I took her to the vet the first time with her skin, afterwards I was doing some research and they said "don't vaccinate a dog if they are having skin problems at the time!" I was so furious when I read that. But I had skipped a year and didn't think anything about it at the time. But then when she had her surgery they gave them to her again! I made them call the previous vet to get her records and they did, and said that it was time again. I swear time passes so fast because I threw a fit and sure enough it was time again. But it does make me mad that they couldn't wait till her skin was better, and after her surgery.
Oh those tape worms were GONE FAST!! LOL When she was small she had them and I was so creeped out! So as soon as I saw it, I called and got her some meds from the vet! I don't remember the name but it kills all of the worms and parasites. I just hope that it worked. I don't see anymore of them and I look everyday . But IDK, it seems strange she had fleas so bad for so long and I never saw them then.
Before her surgery they did X-rays and blood work a whole panel and they said her heart was a little large but that it was okay. Nothing came back bad. They had done a previous X-ray when her breathing was so bad, because they were worried about her trachea, or soft pallet. But the fluid thing makes since. I never thought about her retaining fluid. I would say that would explain the extra urination possibly? I thank you for bringing that up!

R-Teddy- Thank you, she has been through a lot! I feel so bad that I now spoil her way to rotten! I think she's ruined lol. Right before the first skin/vet visit, she was outside with my boyfriend for there nite-time walk and she took off running...right up to a skunk! It sprayed her right in the face!! Oh I had never felt soooo bad before! It was the worst smell!!! I was in full panic! It took about 2 months for the smell on her face to go completely away! The look on her face when I put her in the tub was so pitiful. LOL I can kinda look back now and laugh, but at the time I thought I would never get over how sad I felt for her. She is a trooper though!

Again thanks for everyone's quick replies! I am going to take her to the vet and have them do another stool sample and check her blood work, and leg. I am also going to start her back on a good Probiotic. I love this forum! I can't believe I haven't found you sooner! I will let everyone know what the vet says!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!