View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014, 02:57 PM   #1
samjane
Yorkie Talker

Unhappy Preparing for the end...

It's been awhile since I last posted about my 16 year old Yorkie, Toto (see his Sweet 16 birthday pic from October attached). His cognitive function has significantly decreased in the last several months. He is almost completely deaf, his sight is mostly gone, he gets lost walking around the house and is often bumping into walls and furniture. We (my mom and I) have come to the difficult (but loving) decision and will be taking him on Monday afternoon for his final doc appointment (I can't say the "E" word).

Yesterday our groomer/pet nanny asked us if we would be taking Scout, our chihuahua mix, to the appointment so that she is with us and can see that we will not be bringing Toto home. I had not even considered this option and would like to hear what members of this community might have to say about it. Scout is twelve and has never known life without Toto, but she is also terrified of the vet and I don't know what the right call is on this one.

Any helpful thoughts, anecdotes or advice would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance, friends.

Best,
Sam(antha)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg toto sweet 16.jpg (44.0 KB, 74 views)
samjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!