View Single Post
Old 02-07-2014, 08:02 AM   #13
PamperedYorkies
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemom1 View Post
If I was in your position, I would start supplemental feeding before the pups get weaker and loose more weight. If they are latching onto momma, they may latch onto a bottle nipple....however you decide to give the feedings, if you do decide to do that, you need to be sure they are getting 1cc of formula per ounce of the pups body weight.
Thank you! I did start last night. No gain yet, but at least no additional loss. I fed until they tired out and fell asleep and had full round tummies. I would wiggle the bottle nipple a little and sometimes they took a little more, sometimes they went back to sleep, then I handed them over to mom to clean them up.

I have been feeding more frequent than every 2 hours…more like every 1 1/2 hours. Now that I know how much they need, I'll be more mindful of the actual amount.

How frequent should they take this amount of milk?

I've been on a loop…feed puppies, try to feed momma (she's gone back to not wanting anything solid and trying to bury under the bedding whatever food is offered??? Not sure what that's all about. Any ideas? She did just accept 2 crackers, but tried to bury the 3rd).

And when that's all done, I might just have enough time to use the bathroom or grab a bite, and then it starts all over again.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!