View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 07:25 PM   #10
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

I know birds will follow a large ship since they can light on it and see it as a food source but coming down close enough to a guy drifting in a small boat and allowing him to catch them - that's hard to understand happening very often.

But he's not emaciated - even if a fisherman could catch all those fish and turtles and birds, he'd lose a ton of weight rather than eat much of that raw, bloody mess - let alone be able to eat enough to keep up a moderate weight. And extreme dehydration very often produces nausea to the point one can't eat anything. Probably most people would be rail thin but this guy isn't wasted at all that I can see. That's my only big problem with his story - how in the world he kept from wasting on that calorie- restricted diet. I'll bet you put fishermen living comfortably in their homes on nothing but a fish/bird/turtle-only raw diet with no other caloric input and they would lose a ton of weight in just 3 months! Plus, no sunburn at all. He's not dark, dark brown from constant sun and wind all day for over a year and you'd think he'd look something like "tan Mom" in her heyday.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!