View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 01:42 PM   #3
PamperedYorkies
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
It is not unusual for the pups to try to latch onto the vulva. Just move them when you see them doing that.

It is not unusual for a female to show some discomfort after having a c-section. Did the vet give her any pain medicine? Usually if they are in a lot of pain they will shake and tremble.

Do she have plenty of milk? Is she eating since you got her home?

Sometimes it will take them a couple of day after surgery before they have a bowel movement.

Hi! She doesn't have pain meds, she was only given amoxicillin (50 mg 2x/day) and half tab of petcal daily. She's not moaning a lot, but does it occasionally, usually when pups are latched, I guess because the area must be sore. No trembling or shaking so far.

I'm not sure about her milk supply. Her nipples look much larger and brighter pink (almost red) than during pregnancy. Pups are latching on and not crying….but I just weighed them and they're lighter than yesterday? Is it the same as human babies that usually drop a little weight after birth or should I be concerned they're not getting enough? I was thinking if they were quiet, they were satisfied…am I wrong?

Yesterday she refused any solid food. I did do some of the home recipes listed in stickies here, so she had some of the goat milk, water, egg yolk, and corn syrup mixture. Actually, she liked that quite a bit. I also made the pudding and she likes that as well. She's had nautical too. Today, I got her to eat some white rice with chicken broth and a little bit of chicken. She has had a bowel movement already and has urinated quite a bit.

Anything I can do better? I really want to give her the best chance.

Thanks
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!