View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 09:03 AM   #3
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

I would honestly go with the RC over Halo if she has such issues with possible contamination, etc. No idea where Halo is made. When I asked about a year ago, they emailed me and all they said was it was made in the US. NO idea where it's manufactured, where their ingredients are sourced from, what the ash levels are in the food (calcium/phosphorus), plus it's got lots of ingredients that could be of issue (look at all the spinach, parsley, lettuce, alfalfa, etc, it's just unnecessary if you're looking for a simple food that works for her issue). RC specifically formulates their foods for dogs with issues. I think you would be better off knowing their facilities are more likely to not cross contaminate etc.

I must say the protein/fat levels are shocking though. How old is Jenna? I would be concerned about an adult dog having so little protein/fat. Can you not give her anything else to possibly boost the protein a bit? That's just the lowest of the low. And I believe the lowest recommended protein % for an adult dog by AAFCO.

Here is the Royal Canin vegan (which doesn't contain corn):

Ingredients

Oat groats, rice, brown rice, potato protein, natural flavors, coconut oil, dried beet pulp, vegetable oil, flaxseed, monocalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, powdered cellulose, salt, potassium citrate, fructooligosaccharides, potassium chloride, L-lysine, taurine, choline chloride, marigold extract (Tagetes erecta L.), vitamins [DL-alpha tocopherol acetate (source of vitamin E), L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (source of vitamin C), biotin, D-calcium pantothenate, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), vitamin A acetate, niacin supplement, thiamine mononitrate (vitamin B1), riboflavin supplement (vitamin B2), folic acid, vitamin B12 supplement, vitamin D3 supplement], trace minerals [zinc oxide, ferrous sulfate, zinc proteinate, manganese proteinate, copper sulfate, manganous oxide, copper proteinate, calcium iodate, sodium selenite], beta carotene, rosemary extract, preserved with natural mixed tocopherols and citric acid.

Crude Protein, (min) 17.00%
Crude Fat, (min) 8.00%
Crude Fiber, (max) 4.60%
Moisture, (max) 10.00%

Last edited by Britster; 02-06-2014 at 09:04 AM.
Britster is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!