View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 05:46 PM   #1
Jenna AK
YT Addict

Exclamation Halo Vegan Garden Medley Dry Dog Food

As per title.... Does anyone have opinions on this food? It appears to be the only other all vegan dog food on the market besides Royal Canin...which I really don't want to feed due to the unavoidable corn content in their products.

I am desperate to find an alternative to Dick Van Patten Natural Balance since they merged with Del Monte back in May. We've been using this since Jenna got vasculitis in March 2013 and it was working beautifully, but now I see other owners are beginning to complain online about the product quality. I find stray kibbles from other types of DVPNB varieties in the vegetarian kibble and Jenna cannot have animal proteins. Both she and Ebon are starting to have problems: itching, scratching at ears and face, indigestion, vomiting (Ebon), diarrhea (Ebon), runny eyes (Jenna), chewing on feet and legs (especially Jenna) and coughing/sneezing or hiccups (both)...and Jenna has been turning her nose up at the kibble for about a week or more. She's been acting a bit odd for a month though really if I think about it. I know she must sense something although she will eat it if hungry. It doesn't smell the same to me and I am worried about how much longer we can go with this stuff before she winds up with a reaction as she did to Del Monte Milo's Kitchen dog treats last year.

I have a call in to my vet, but if anyone can recommend an all vegetable/no rosemary food (I know it's likely not going to bother her but don't want to take a chance) I need some info so I can go in with ammunition. I know he's not going to want to take her off NB, (until she rashes out again and needs treatment) as it's the only thing she can eat, so neither do I...but if it's going to eventually make her ill again I want to nip that in the bud.

Many thanks for any and all replies.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!