View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014, 05:57 PM   #1
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Default YHR's latest broken yorkie

Seriously, I know it can happen to anyone; but there are so many stray yorkies lately. I just don't get it.

I received an email at 2PM today about a yorkie that had been hit by a car. She was found on the feeder road by a highway unable to walk. They rushed her to a vet who said her leg was fractured and that he wanted between $2,500 and $3,000 for the surgery. They were told that he would hold her until 5 PM and then he would euthanize her. SO, I made arrangements for her to be seen at GCVS and the lady who had found her transported her there.

Turns out she has multiple pelvic fractures .. both legs are fine... unbelievable. I need that vet's name for future reference so no one I know goes there. She was in a lot of pain .. they have her on IV fluids and pain meds and will be operating on her tomorrow. There are two places in the pelvis that must be repaired. They are not sure if she has a torn pre pubic ligament...I know nothing about that but it can be repaired. They said due to the swelling, they could not be 100% positive but the soft tissue surgeon thinks it is ok.

The other issue is her mammary glands...engorged. So...either she just had puppies or she is pregnant. Nothing showed on xray but he did say that the skeletons may not be formed yet. *sigh*

Crazy stuff. I wonder what will happen if she is pregnant...and if the puppies will be ok after this trauma.

No microchip....no signs...nothing anywhere in terms of an owner looking. Sad.

lovey1web.jpg

lovey2web.jpg

loveyxray.jpg

This was taken of her on the way to the hospital:
loveycrate.jpg
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!