View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014, 05:00 AM   #9
ColesMommy01
YT 1000 Club Member

I can't give any info on breeding because I haven't done it. I have 2 unaltered pets of each sex and when my female has her heat I have to keep them completely separate. They pretty much don't even see each other for a month. She can't be left outside by herself like in the other 11 months out of the year, can't go for walks, have to worry about her getting blood on my carpets(she's a bigger breed so it will be noticeable), etc. Those are things an owner who has their pet fixed does not have to worry about. I find with any procedure that is unnecessary I'm leery about and I want proven advantages and disadvantages. Please research research research and make sure the research is unbiased ! There are pros and cons to spay and neuter. For me the cons seemed to outweigh the possible benefits. This is not the same for every pet owner. You have to do what you think is best for your pet, but please know that if you don't choose to go through with the procedure you'll definitely have to stay on top of things when she does go into heat if you're not breeding her. Good luck with your decision!
ColesMommy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!