View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014, 01:17 AM   #4
McheleM
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetest1307 View Post
What am I doing wrong? They are both the same weight even look like twins but of course from totally different locations & litters but he keeps missing her. She's 3 now & he's 2 yrs old...it's his first time & her first litter & she's never acted or been this swollen ever so she's ready. She keeps backing up into him & constantly wants it but I think it's bc he keeps missing? Is it possible he may have been inside her a one point & not stick? We've been trying to help guide them and we thought they were stuck for about 30 seconds if even that & they let go & my husband picked her up & she quirt a little substance and blood...could this mean they tied? We've had them together for 3 days now & he's just not hitting the spot...I don't want to miss this chance since she's already 3 & they are perfect for each other their personalities & temperament....even markings & coat are identical! I've bred another in the past many years ago but I didn't need to assist in anything of that, they were naturals. I think he's missing bc he's not getting close enough and keeps getting it on her sides and under her? Suggestions? Help...I think 3 days should of been enough just haven't had a stick.
A stick??

Do you mean a tie? I mean, if you're going to breed, you should probably know the correct terminology.

Besides being perfect for each other, what other testing have you done? Why are you breeding this specific pair? In all honesty, the male needs to be smaller than the female. And you need to know what size dogs are behind him in his lines. What are you going to do if she gets pregnant with large pups? Do you have money set aside for an emergency c-section if she should need one? Where's your mentor? Why isnt she helping your male tie with the female?

I hope you're mentally and financially ready for everything a pregnancy and whelping entails.

Last edited by McheleM; 02-04-2014 at 01:19 AM.
McheleM is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!