View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 06:14 AM   #8
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Glucosamine and chondroitin helped my hip for a while and then didn't, so might have been placebo effect but it sure got better for a while early on in my post-traumatic arthritis of the hip. After a time, there didn't seem to be any positive effect.

Still, as studies are done in supplements and vitamins, seems like a lot of things are turning out not to be as efficacious as advertised in humans or even potentially harmful so I'd wondered about certain pet supplements, particularly G&C. And am certainly glad to know about this study for future reference as Tibbe ages and faces arthritis. What's the point of giving him something if it just doesn't work, especially with his compromised liver?

GTK about both the Tramadol and Carprofen info! Scary to think about how little some vets are up on the latest studies about medicine and supplements they are prescribing!

Thanks for taking the time to post this article for us.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!