View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014, 10:02 PM   #6
kjc
I♥PeekTinkySaph&Finny
Donating Member

IDK...Gluc and Chon are questionable even in human use. Some folks swear by it for themselves, and others swear by it for their dogs. It did nothing for me and I did not notice a big change in the dogs I've used it on. But hey, I guess it's worth a try.

And for some reason, not all meds work the same on kitties as they do dogs, or people. Penicillin is toxic to Guinea pigs, so you can't go by that. It would not surprise me at all if that feline gingivostomatitis is a result of over vaccination in cats, as that's all about over taxing the immune response.

IDK, but my vet takes into consideration my pet and it's health issues, age, etc. when prescribing drugs, weighs the pros and cons and makes the best choice for my pet. After all, that's a major part of their job. We try new drugs and also use the old standbys depending on the situation. And if one doesn't perform as expected, we try something else.

What are they asking for in this article anyway? Disease x, take drug X? That doesn't even work for people. Most pain meds do not work for me, nor the arthritis meds (prescription or OTC). I've even had 3 or 4 diagnostic tests (MRIs and Laparoscopies) that did not reveal the extent of the problems I had/have resulting in what should have been a one hour surgery extended to 3 or 4 hours in two different instances, and my last MRI showed no problem, even though I've had chronic pain in my neck from an injury 4 years ago.

Did I miss something here? Lol!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!