View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014, 08:21 PM   #5
Sunnydayz
YT 500 Club Member

The one thing I didn't learn from this post, is has he been neutered ? Before Gizmo was neutered, he marked much more often. He is now learning really well only o mark when outside on our walks. He has pee pads inside and squats on them, but on walks he lifts his leg. At first as I gave him more space, e would have an occasional accident, and that meant e got less space. He started figuring out that the better he did with no accidents, the more space he got. This was the first 3 day weekend that he was allowed the whole house, with a potty pad in each room, and only was enclosed at night in his en for sleeping, and not one accident in all 3 days :-) its all about giving space when they behave properly, and reducing space if they have a back slide, and with Gizmo it's working amazing. I think putting pee pads in each room made a big difference because he knows what they are for, and since e was not as familiar with the upstairs like down stairs, I did not want him to get confused and not know where his potty pad was. Once he is used to this, I will eventually start removing pads, only keeping those he uses. What is funny though, now there are potty pads in each room, he now comes downstairs and uses the one he is used to. I hope this helps :-)
Sunnydayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!