View Single Post
Old 02-01-2014, 09:16 PM   #1
dawn27
2+2=4 X the Love ♥
Donating Member

Computer Few pointer to protect your computer against Viruses!

Just some pointers that I've learned throughout the years from my nephew who has his own computer repair business. With so many hackers these days and so many people who think destroying someone property thru the internet if fun. Its never too late to learn some safety tips.

Feel free to add any additional tips that might help everyone keep their computer running smoother and virus free.

1) Disable the auto view on your email to protect against viruses. Reason being that as soon as that email with the in scripted virus is opened its too late. It already attacking your computer.

* Shut down your computer immediately !
* As soon as you log back on, run your virus scan.
* Make sure your virus protect is always up to date before scanning.
* Have your setting set for automatic updates.

2) New ever open an email form someone you do not know. Don't just delete it, block them if possible than Delete it !

* If you receive an email from a friend from out of the blue, verify that they sent it before opening it.

3) Pop ups : If you have pop up blockers but are still getting pop ups those can be liked to viruses. So never ever click on them, not even the (X). Once you do if it is a virus you have now activated it.

* Use Alt F4 or Ctrl F5 to remove it from your screen.
* If that does not work Alt - Ctrl - Delete, click Start Task Manager / Highlight the pop up and click end task.
* This will also work if you computer get stuck and will not refresh. You will however loose any unsaved projects.

4) Never use the same password for all of your accounts and they should be change frequently.

5) YouTube videos can be full of in scripted messages that carry viruses and even worse trogon horses that have wipe out your entire computer. Especially the ones showing our kids how to beat a video game or ones filled with cheat codes.

* Keep them OFF !
* Add a password for windows and monitor their usage.
* Use your parental controls to block unwanted or inappropriate web sites.

I am no computer genius but I have picked up some very handy tips that have kept my computer virus free and safe from all the bed stuff out there in cyber space.

Biggest one being Keep my son off unless for homework only. We've gone thru one PC and one tablet do to his constant You Tube usage. Don't ask ! More importantly monitor what sites your kids are on and limit their usage. It wasn't easy but we did it and continue to. Believe me he isn't happy about it either.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!