View Single Post
Old 02-19-2006, 06:27 AM   #7
schatzie
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by laney77348
Thanks so much for all the replys. This is an awsome site. I just have one other issue with my yorkie. I am having a little trouble whee whee pad training. My pup doesnt seem to mind sleeping near it and so does his business anywhere sometimes. I also was reading the forums and see that some Yorkies are cottoney. My Yorkie fits that discription. What does that mean. Is that the reason they are harder to train and stuff, they are mixed with something else? I am going to keep reading on and see if i can learn more. I am also going to try and get a picture on. Thanks guys, your the best.
Elaine
Cottony is only a description of their coat type. Yorkies are either silky or cottony. Schatzie has the cotton coat, Ransom has the silky coat. The cottony coat does not have anything to do with the way they train whatsoever. Also, it does not mean that they are not purebreed.

Id try containing your pup to a smaller area and praise when he/she does a good job and go potty where you want.

Pups cannot have free rain of the house at first, it makes it more difficult to train.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!