Thread: Potty training
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2005, 03:37 PM   #7
klogan
YT 500 Club Member

Stomper is doing very well with the potty training. He is in a crate at night. In the morning, I take him straight outside to go potty. When Stomper was 8 weeks old, I sometimes carried him out because they can't always hold it.

After he plays or eats, I typically take him outside after 15 minutes for him to do his business.

We both work full-time and he is left inside during the day. He does his business on the pads when we are gone. Rarely makes mistakes and he has access to 2 large rooms.

You basically need to follow them around like mad when they are puppies! Make sure to always say the same thing "go potty" or "do your business" and reward your baby for doing it in the right place (either with a treat or saying good boy/girl). Eventually, your baby will go potty on command. Stomper is 19 weeks old and is almost at 100%. What is interesting...about 3 weeks ago he was doing so well and then starting making mistakes again. It is fusterating, but I had to start over from scratch with the training. Lots and lots of patience!!!!

Good luck!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!