View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 04:53 PM   #10
bekabug
Yorkie Talker

No, that is not what I am looking for. She needs a new home. We have tried to raise the money ourselves or see what we can do about financing her care but it isn't possible. For that particular grant we would have to get the vet (UT Vet School) to discount their fees by at least 25% and we would have to put forward 25% as well. Also, it only covers $500, max.

We've been told to expect about $800 for the diagnostics (which may or may not be conclusive) and if she needs the liver shunt surgery to expect it to cost around $2000+. Care credit is not an option for us at this time either.

I know we can't afford this and I am looking to rehome Tori with a family who will be able to do what needs to be done, financially, since we can't.

Someone likely turned her out because they knew she was sick and was hoping she would die from exposure (it's been very cold down here) or that she would be hit by a car. She experienced the severe encephalopathy almost a month to the day after we found her so this might be a recurring problem. If I can't get her some help soon...and if she has another episode like that I'm going to have her put down. I can't watch her suffer and be sick and not be able to do anything about it.

It's breaking my heart, to be perfectly honest.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!