View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 08:27 AM   #3
theporkieyorkie
YT 1000 Club Member

I am having the same problem. Prince, at 10, was not potty trained when I got him and peed all over my old house...despite the fact that he had a nice fenced in back yard...and even when I'd leave the sliding door open for him to wander in and out to pee in the summer. I know another yorkie had lived there before us and it never went out...so the house may have already smelled like pee, which caused him to mark.

I moved to a new house and he did great. No accidents in the house until this fall when Ricky started using potty pads inside. Now, he marks everywhere.

I just ordered some belly bands and will probably be getting more. Prince now wears his most of the day, unless I leave and he is in his exercise pen that he now goes in when I am gone. The little brat does pee in them...and every time he does, I never see him doing it and I think "that could have been my carpet."!

I've still found a few pee spots as he doesn't wear them 24/7 but it is getting better. I can't wait until spring. Hoping he will want to go outside again!!

IMO, Belly bands are great!! A few years ago, I would have thought putting an incontinent dog to sleep was the only option...or deal with the pee...but with belly bands, it makes the problem more bearable. BTW, you are probably going to want to invest in some baby wipes too. You have to wash off their bellys after they pee in them or they are going to end up sticky and crusty and smelling like pee.
theporkieyorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!